Saturday 19 April, 2008

Ta-ta TATA!!

After almost 2 months of being un-connected, I finally managed to get myself internet connection. I was not lazy all this time, just had some weird problems – Airtel doesnot have Broadband in Nagpur, BSNL has a 3-month wait period, Tata Indicom Broadband connection was not allowed in my community, (some shitty rule of the “row house community”), Reliance PCMCIA card, which I had got couriered from Hong Kong wouldn’t work on Vista... So basically, am not lazy - Believe it!!

For 2700-odd you get internet connection, with a 4GB pen drive – FREE! Internet anytime anywhere. The trade-off: a “slightly” slower speed of 155 kBps. Plus brand value – I had assumed Tata’s would have higher quality than Reliance. Superb scheme (I was under the impression that a 4 GB Pen Drive itself would be worth 2000), or so I thought...

Now that my internet is presumably working, I log on and wait for Google to load. Hey, wait a minute!! You never have to wait for Google to load! I rummage through my room to find the catalogue, the welcome kit – what was the speed they had promised 155 kBps or was it kbps (sincere apologies to the non-techies!). So my experience, Tata doesn’t load any page in less than 5 minutes, you get disconnected every few minutes (sometimes even less than 5), the pictures in those pages are barely recognisable – a setting, thanks to Manisha at IndiCom Customer Care, to get better speed. I wonder what will happen with the regular images! To top it all, this blog took me half an hour to just copy-paste from Word and save. (I typed the blog while it opened)

So much so for believeing in Kajol. I conveniently overlooked the fact that she is, by far, the best actor we have in the “industry” - she can make you believe what ever she wants...

No comments: